UJCC Sunday House Worship Service
June 6, 2021 * 2nd Sunday After Pentecost * Graduation Sunday
<Class 2021 High School Graduates>
Come, Holy Spirit!
The Peace of Christ be with you! You are invited to use the following prayers & order of worship as we lift our hearts to God together!
“Those we love never truly leave us. There are things that death cannot touch.”
Leader: God of truth and knowledge,
by your wisdom we are taught the way and the truth.
Bless our graduates as they now finish this course of study. All: We thank you for those who taught and worked beside them, and all who supported them along the way.
Leader: Walk with the graduates as they leave and move forward in life. Take away their anxiety and confusion of purpose. All: Strengthen their many talents and skills, instill in them a confidence in the future you plan, where energies may be gathered up and used for the good of all people.
Leader: For the graduates, this truly is a day of new beginnings, a time to remember and move on, and a time to believe what love is bringing. All: May they always know that Christ is alive and goes before us, to show and share what love can do. This is a day of new beginnings, our God is making all things new. (hc)
Song of Centering For All The Saints Becky Messer
We Humbly Adore and Receive
Children’s Time Rev. Akiko Miyake-Stoner
Japanese Scripture Reading Philippians 4:1-9 Miwa and Nanami Jones
Sermon “God of peace will be with you” Rev. Sungrae Kim
Celebration of Class 2021 Graduates
Song of Reflection The Maker
You are invited to continue your spiritual practice of giving to the church. Please either mail your offering to the church (136 N. Villa Ave., Clovis, CA 93612) or try our online giving option (LINK HERE). Thank you!
Doxology Youth Band
Joys and Concerns & Time of Prayer
You are invited to share your joys and concerns with one another using our usual format:
Person lifting the prayer: “O God of Mercy;” everyone’s response: “This is our prayer.”
After you share your joys and concerns, go around the circle and offer prayer, praying freely or using this format:
“God, I thank you for…” and “God, I ask for…”
You are invited to close together with The Lord’s Prayer.
* Please join in our Zoom Fellowship & Prayer meeting at 2:30 pm
Meeting ID: 892 8141 6160
Or call: +1 669 900 6833
* Sunday School at 1 pm
Meeting ID: 833 3556 5421
* If you or your kids would like to contribute to our virtual worship by music, painting, photos, recipes, or anything, please contact Rev. Rae: email@example.com
Go Now in Peace Becky Messer
Worship Resource: (cl) Christine Longhurst, “Call To Worship (based on Psalm 34:1-3),” adapted https://re-worship.blogspot.com/search/label/All%20Saints?max-results=20
1. Therefore, my brothers and sisters, whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, my beloved.
2. I urge Euodia and I urge Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord.
3. Yes, and I ask you also, my loyal companion, help these women, for they have struggled beside me in the work of the gospel, together with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life.
4. Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.
5. Let your gentleness be known to everyone. The Lord is near.
6. Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
7. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8. Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
9. Keep on doing the things that you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and the God of peace will be with you.