UJCC Sunday House Worship Service
November 8, 2020 * 23rd Sunday After Pentecost
Blessings to you this holy Sabbath day! You are invited to use the following prayers & order of worship as we lift our hearts to God together from our respective homes!
Call To Worship
One: Get ready! The time is coming when the Lord will be brought near to us. Many: Lord, set us on the pathway that leads to you. One: Lord, reach out to us and take our hands. Many: Help us, Lord! Guide us.
One: Gracious God, be with us throughout this day and all our days. Many: Heal our lives and open our hearts to you always. AMEN. (Mm)
Song of Centering Open Our Eyes, Lord Becky Messer
We Humbly Adore and Receive
Children's Time Rev. Rae Kim
Scripture Reading in Japanese Matthew 25:1-13 Miwa & Nanami Jones
Sermon "Keep Your Lamps Burning" Rev. Rea Kim
Song of Reflection. Your Love Awakens Me
You are invited to continue your spiritual practice of giving to the church. Please either mail your offering to the church (136 N. Villa Ave., Clovis, CA 93612) or try our online giving option (LINK HERE). Thank you!
Doxology Youth Band
Joys and Concerns & Time of Prayer
You are invited to share your joys and concerns with one another using our usual format:
Person lifting the prayer: “O God of Mercy;” everyone’s response: “This is our prayer.”
After you share your joys and concerns, go around the circle and offer prayer, praying freely or using this format:
“God, I thank you for…” and “God, I ask for…”
You are invited to close together with The Lord’s Prayer.
* Please join in our Zoom Fellowship & Prayer meeting at 2:30 pm
From your computer or smartphone, join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 892 8141 6160
Or call: +1 669 900 6833
* Join in our Zoom Sunday school at 1 pm.
Click Here: Join zoom meeting
* If you or your kids would like to contribute to our virtual worship by music, painting, photos, recipes or anything, please contact Rev. Rae: email@example.com
1. "Then the kingdom of heaven will be like this. Ten bridesmaids took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom.
2. Five of them were foolish, and five were wise.
3. When the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them;
4. but the wise took flasks of oil with their lamps.
5. As the bridegroom was delayed, all of them became drowsy and slept.
6. But at midnight there was a shout, 'Look! Here is the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.'
7. Then all those bridesmaids got up and trimmed their lamps.
8. The foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
9. But the wise replied, 'No! there will not be enough for you and for us; you had better go to the dealers and buy some for yourselves.'
10. And while they went to buy it, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went with him into the wedding banquet; and the door was shut.
11. Later the other bridesmaids came also, saying, 'Lord, lord, open to us.'
12. But he replied, 'Truly I tell you, I do not know you.'
13. Keep awake therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.